David Gilson is a French Artist. In 2007, over being excited for Disney’s Black Princess, he created a plethora of wonderful artwork in anticipation.
Many of them created during earliest production in which the film was then titled The Frog Princess and the heroine was named Maddy the chambermaid. These works since have been passed around as if they were conceptual artwork during production. In part for being well done and existing a year prior to any real art released to the press and public.
As The Princess and The Frog hops towards five years since theatrical release, it it time to identify these great works of art as they are, fan art.
The right column showcases the beautiful pieces by Disney Artists. David Gilson’s fan artwork is used often when talking about natural hair for Tiana. Lorelay Bové, Sue Nichols, Chris Appelhans, Armand Baltazar and Kevin Gollaher have drawn natural hair in their concept art and unfortunately that aspect did not make it to realization.
David was contracted by Disney Publishing and Disney Consumer Products for Tangled in 2010. Hey, who knows maybe all the attention to his Tiana art landed him the job. We wish him the best in all his artistic endeavors!
The year is 23 Million A.D. The sun has cooled, life on Earth long ago ended. Disney is still building the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
FuckYeahDisneyFaceCharacters Cosplay Give Away!!!
The winner will receive a cosplay costume of any Disney Character of their choice (cost- $100-$250)
I really appreciate all the support i’ve gotten on this blog and want to thank all you amazing people by giving an amazing costume away! It’s perfect for anyone with a face character obsession (like myself!!!) If you are the winner, you get to select a character and i will provide you with all the options within the price range for that characters costume.
The costume will be purchased online by me from cosplay companies based out of China. If you are the winner, i will provide you with the sizing chart and you can let me know what size to order so it will fit you nicely!
I want to emphasize that I can not guarantee that the item you receive will look exactly like the item in the picture you select. I will obviously order the item with the picture you choose- but you never know what you will actually get…
- Must be following me to be entered in the costume give away
- If you want, you can follow my main blog (it’s not predominantly Disney, but i do post Disney stuff a lot!). If you are following this blog, you will also win a wig for the character- details on giveaway page* ($20-$30)
- Reblogs count only (not likes!)
- Your name will be put in as many times as you reblog
- Giveaway Blogs do not count- be cool. I will definitely check
- You cannot delete the text
- I will be messaging you from my main blog, pawnee-parks-and-rec because tumblr still doesn’t let you select which blog you send messages from
- your ask box must be open- if it is not, i will select a new winner.
- You must respond within 24 hours- otherwise i will select a new winner
The winner will be selected randomly on Friday, May 23rd 2014 (in the evening) using an online random picker
You can keep reblogging until i make a post on my blog announcing the winner
If you have any questions about the give away, let me know!
I Ship anywhere worldwide!
Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you’re made of! Well, I hope I’m there, catching some of the light coming off you that day.